DST Systems Sr Project Management Specialist in Quincy, Massachusetts
The speed of technology. The influx of data. Shifting regulations. Increased customer expectations.
That's where you'll find SS&C, helping clients find opportunity in ever-changing and complex customer, business, and regulatory requirements. Mastering complexity is a constantly changing and evolving challenge – one that only a few people can embrace and thrive upon.
If you see your opportunity in complexity, then we are the right fit for you.
SS&C Retirement Solutions provides retirement plan providers, advisors and Third Party Administrators with flexible and modular services solutions to help create lifetime engagement models. Across all defined contribution plan types, market segments and investment types, including guaranteed income products, we provide automated solutions and engagements that drive plan participation. SS&C enables a more dynamic participant journey and positive plan sponsor experience across such critical areas as Rollover and Income Portability, Education and Personalized Communications, Plan Health and Analytics, Advisor Practice Management, Recordkeeping and Plan Administration, and Compliance Solutions.
As a Senior Project Management Specialist, you are responsible for managing projects and events for SS&C clients, providing formalized project and event coordination across multiple departments, and assisting to find unique solutions to support business needs, including streamlining processes and documentation. You will help lead existing Retirement Solutions implementations and conversions.
· Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
· Operate as portfolio manager for key SS&C clients driving intakes, projects, outputs and solutions.
· Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents for targeted projects. Report key financial metrics and project financials
· Participate in a small, experienced, energetic team on a rapid, agile development schedule.
· Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
· Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
· Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
· Develop consensus on project schedules and inform team members of project progress and potential schedule slippages.
· Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
· Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
· Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
· Track project milestones and deliverables.
· Manage risks and respond to changes in risk over the course of the projects.
· Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
· Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
· Work with other PM staff to assess inter-project schedule and/or resource impacts.
· Lead/mentor project managers and share knowledge through knowledge-sharing presentations
· Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of work-related experience, or Master’s degree and 1 year of work-related experience, or 5 years equivalent work-related experience
· 5+ years successfully planning/leading projects and demonstrating the ability to effectively communicate and interact with others to accomplish a common goal
· Proven ability to manage projects through full lifecycle, from requirements gathering to closing
· Ability to interact professionally with multiple teams and clients at a variety of levels
· Ability to take on a leadership role and direct project meeting - with both internal and external clients. Ability to adapt agile methodologies into schedules and release plans
· Candidate should be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team-player and exhibit exceptional relationship management skills.
· Strong organizational skills
· Familiarity with Retirement industry
· Versed in all PM methodologies – Agile, Waterfall, Scrum etc.
· Experience with Excel, Project, JIRA, DST Connect and TRAC
SS&C is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about Equal Opportunity in the Workplace please click here and here. SS&C is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need an accommodation or accessibility assistance to complete the online application, please contact us at PeopleCenter@dstsystems.com for assistance.
SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.