DST Systems Data Steward in Kansas City, Missouri
The speed of technology. The influx of data. Shifting regulations. Increased customer expectations.
That's where you'll find DST, helping clients find opportunity in ever-changing and complex customer, business, and regulatory requirements. Mastering complexity is a constantly changing and evolving challenge – one that only a few people can embrace and thrive upon.
If you see your opportunity in complexity, then we are the right fit for you.
SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
The SalesConnect Data Operations team is responsible for acquisition, enrichment, and delivery of financial intermediary data for asset management firms. The data we maintain is leveraged by more than 200 firms on a daily basis.
Data Stewards in SalesConnect Data Operations are responsibility for maintaining developing and maintaining a high level of industry knowledge. This includes a strong understanding of asset managers, how they do business, and third-party distribution. They also are required to demonstrate the ability to build relationships internally, with clients, and with financial intermediary firms. In addition, Data Stewards must have solid understanding of data quality concepts, a high level understanding of data structures and SQL, and the ability to learn about our systems and support model to provide exceptional customer experiences. Demonstrates expertise in multiple vertical lines of business, business processes, internal systems/applications, software tools, and the customers’ business, and demonstrates successful customer relationship skills. Leads projects related to, but not limited to, new lines of business, business process improvement, risk reduction, cost savings initiatives, and best practice identification; may also be delegated special work assignments. Performs leadership functions throughout the project life cycle, which includes resource management, work delegation, prioritization of work, etc. Develops and leads the implementation of innovative solutions to complex business and operational problems or opportunities. Collaborates with management to discuss and negotiate internal business and customer project initiatives and prioritization; presents business justifications, cost benefit analysis, etc. Analyzes and documents current systems, required functionality, and gaps; current and end-state business processes; business requirements and user stories, including recommendations to alternate solutions to business problems; and communication and training strategies. Leads and participates in the initiation, requirements, design, testing, fund setup/conversion, and post-implementation support phases of a project. Functions as a customer advocate by collaborating and working directly with the customer; providing appropriate information exchange; and ensuring their operational business and system requirements, expectations, and support needs are being met. This position is for oversight on events bringing together all necessary parties. This position requires some technical aptitude and involves some nights and weekends events.
· Provide daily Client support
· Analyze root cause, understand the scope and impact of a problem, and able to prioritize and escalate issues appropriately
· Prepare Clients for project and product implementation
· Develop Client Solutions and manage associated tasks within the scope of their own division
· Provide regular communication with the Client and anticipate, research and solve Client issues of a moderate to complex scope
· Respond within required timelines to internal and external client inquiries and provide direction on resolution of issues reported
· Gather information to produce internal and/or external reporting for specific client management
· Review client documented procedures and provide change recommendations; upon client approval
· Generate internal procedure documentation and publish/maintain it in the appropriate system/database
· Assist with identifying staff training needs and participate in and lead peer assisted learning opportunities, such as round tables, with operations staff
· Demonstrate proficient business, product, and tool knowledge and are able to support clients
· Participate in Client meetings and conference calls
· Engage in building and leveraging credible relationships with internal and external clients to achieve desired outcomes of retention and satisfaction
· Interface with various levels of management, both internally and externally
· Mentor less experienced associates
· Successful candidates should have strong technical, analytical and solid problem solving skills in a multi-facet environment
· Solid communication skills, both verbal and written are essential
· Knowledge of transaction processing and ability to handle multiple priorities, meet deadlines, and keep time sensitive commitments are critical
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required
· Ability to interface with various levels of management, both internally and externally are necessary
· Prior working experience in Customer Service is important along with global understanding of the financial markets and industry networks
· Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of work-related experience, or 4 years equivalent work-related experience
· Minimum of 1 year experience in an industry-related project management and/or customer relationship management role
· Minimum of 1 year experience in Client facing role working
Kansas City Missouri
DST is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about Equal Opportunity in the Workplace please click here and here. DST is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need an accommodation or accessibility assistance to complete the online application, please contact us at PeopleCenter@dstsystems.com for assistance.
SS&C DST is a leading provider of specialized technology, strategic advisory, and business operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. Combining unmatched industry knowledge, critical infrastructure and service excellence, SS&C DST helps companies master complexity in the world’s most demanding industries to ensure they continually stay ahead of and capitalize on ever-changing customer, business and regulatory requirements.
We work with companies in some of the world’s most demanding industries where rapid shifts in consumer, regulatory, and technology trends are increasingly affecting how our clients do business. For them, keeping up in a landscape of constant change is becoming more and more complex. Through our technology, strategic advisory, and business improvement solutions we work with clients to help them stay ahead of and capitalize on customer, business, and regulatory change.
Mastering complexity is not an end-state. It’s a constantly changing and evolving challenge – one that only a few people can embrace and thrive upon. If you see your opportunity in complexity, then we are the right fit for you.