DST Systems Alternative Investments Administrator in Denver, Colorado
The speed of technology. The influx of data. Shifting regulations. Increased customer expectations.
That's where you'll find DST, helping clients find opportunity in ever-changing and complex customer, business, and regulatory requirements. Mastering complexity is a constantly changing and evolving challenge – one that only a few people can embrace and thrive upon.
If you see your opportunity in complexity, then we are the right fit for you.
ALPS provides customized asset servicing and asset gathering solutions to the financial services community through an entrepreneurial culture based on the commitment to “Do Things Right.” Founded in 1985, ALPS continues to actively promote all of its various business segments, from asset servicing through ALPS Fund Services, Inc. to asset gathering through ALPS Distributors, Inc. and ALPS Advisors, Inc. Headquartered in Denver, with offices in Boston, New York, Seattle, and Toronto, ALPS, a wholly-owned subsidiary of DST Systems, Inc., today represents more than 400 employees, over 200 clients, and an executive team that has been in place for more than 18 years. For more information about ALPS and its services, visit www.alpsinc.com. Information about ALPS products is available at www.alpsfunds.com.
Alternative Investments Administrator:
This entry level position offers the right candidate the ability to enter a fast growing midsize company with a small office feel. Learn about hedge funds, private equity funds, venture capital funds, and other alternative investment vehicles. Speak with clients and their service providers on a routine basis as you become an integral part of many funds daily operations. Become the go-to person for your clients to answer tough questions or deliver ad-hoc reports. Be a part of your clients’ success as they grow and return value to their investors.
• Primary contact for several fund clients. Expected to communicate promptly and professionally via email and phone.
• Utilize ALPS proprietary general ledger fund accounting system to produce NAV reports, financial statements, fund performance reports, investor statements, fee reports, and ad-hoc reports.
• Liaise with clients’ audit and tax firms by delivering fiscal year-end accounting records and assist with field work.
• Work with team members on various long and short term projects.
• Strong rapport building
• Excellent communication (written and verbal)
• Manage multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines
• Detail and goal oriented
• Problem solve independently
• Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics; or other business degree. Accounting course work preferred but not required.
• Mathematical and analytical skills and a strong familiarity with Microsoft Excel.
• CPA and/or accounting experience a plus but not required.
• Experience with investment related portfolio accounting and reporting systems a plus.
• Desire to understand capital markets
DST is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about Equal Opportunity in the Workplace please click here and here. DST is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need an accommodation or accessibility assistance to complete the online application, please contact us at PeopleCenter@dstsystems.com for assistance.
DST Systems, Inc. is a leading provider of specialized technology, strategic advisory, and business operations outsourcing to the financial and healthcare industries. Combining unmatched industry knowledge, critical infrastructure and service excellence, DST helps companies master complexity in the world’s most demanding industries to ensure they continually stay ahead of and capitalize on ever-changing customer, business and regulatory requirements.
We work with companies in some of the world’s most demanding industries where rapid shifts in consumer, regulatory, and technology trends are increasingly affecting how our clients do business. For them, keeping up in a landscape of constant change is becoming more and more complex. Through our technology, strategic advisory, and business improvement solutions we work with clients to help them stay ahead of and capitalize on customer, business, and regulatory change.
Mastering complexity is not an end-state. It’s a constantly changing and evolving challenge – one that only a few people can embrace and thrive upon. If you see your opportunity in complexity, then we are the right fit for you.